Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Photo A Day 5/01/11 - snapshot of gestational diabetes.


A small portion of my average day the moment, given that I am 22 weeks pregnant, and a gestational diabetic.
Every day I have
4 finger prick blood sugar level tests (one fasting in the morning, one 2 hours after breakfast, lunch and dinner)
3 metformin pills (one in the morning with breakfast, two in the evening with dinner)
2 multivitamins (with breakfast)
1 vitamin D tablet
1 Iron with vitamin C tablet 
(both at lunch)
And 22 units of insulin every evening before bed. 
~~~~~~~~~~ 

3 comments:

Voluptacon said...

Ewww, Good luck with all that rigmarole for the next half of your fetus invasion time!
I was lucky enough to escape the GD monster with both my pregnancies.

Lucky-1 said...

Oh hon, I care for my hubby full time and after 14 years of steroids for his Asthma (work injury and a long story) he now has diateties and its full on for him. 4 needles of insulin a day and countless needle pricks to check his sugars.

My prayers are with you with the GD and wish you all the best and a healthy baby hon.

Anonymous said...

It makes me feel humble watching what you go thru to bring forth a child into the world Tara, one of the thing it shows is your love for your husband and your family your a person to be admired girl and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise!

love woolie