Monday, August 23, 2010

Wheels are spinning (and I AM going somewhere!)

Spinning round, spinning round. 
With so much going on in my head at the moment, I find the fastest way to calm down and get things ordered, is spin. If I have a conundrum, I sit down at the wheel for a little while, and I soon have my answer, after letting my mind wander a little in the rhythm of the process. 

The upside of all this of course, is that it is quite productive.  
'Coloured Stone' Blue Faced Leicester Sheep. 
I've been going on this for a while. It was a Ewe Give Me The Knits fibre club installment ages back. 
3 ply / light fingering weight and 762 metres. Whee! That's a BIG hank right there. 

Also, I purchased a weeny 50g braid of Cashmerino Bunny from the lovely Ixchel / Charly at Bendigo Sheep and wool. Such a lovely blend of mossy greens I could not resist. 

Again, a 3ply / light fingering weight yarn, this one comes in at 150 metres, and is quite frankly the softest stuff I have ever felt. It will soon be knit up into a lovely cowl, just for me. 

I'll endeavour to update more frequently from now, even if it is just a random series of photo's with no seeming link to them. But it is worth noting at this point that the little Mayhem and Chaos family are on the move again - this weekend in fact. We are hoping for little to no break in communications, but of course.. you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men, right?

To a new start! (again)
~~~~~~~~~~

0 comments: